Immediately following an accident, one must file a claim with the insurance provider. The insurance provider checks the supporting documentation, and if the claim is legitimate, the insurer compensates for the car’s damages. Here are the specifics of how to file a car insurance online claim if your vehicle is damaged.
What is car insurance for own damage?
Own damage car insurance protects against damage done to a person’s car as a result of mishaps, natural disasters like floods, vandalism, etc. *
Here are the processes for making an own-damage claim:
- Call the insurance provider as soon as possible and let them know about the damage. Gather the information about the car that caused the damage and give it to the policyholder.
- During the allotted time, the occurrence must be reported.
- Create an FIR and report the incident to the police. You would need the licence number of the driver who was involved in the accident as well as the registration number of the car that caused the collision when filing an
- Retain the information about the vehicle, the driver, and the witnesses with you and in the FIR.
- After making a claim, you must ask the insurance company to designate a surveyor to further assess the situation.
- Through the business’ website, you can also submit a car insurance claim.
One would need certain documentation to settle the compensation in order to submit a claim for the damaged cars:
- An insurance policy copy
- A copy of the police department’s FIR report
- Completely completed and signed claim form
- A duplicate of the vehicle registration document
- A duplicate of the current driver’s licence
- Information on the costs of the repairs
- Original copies of the medical receipts are required in cases of physical injury.
- Any additional expenditures paid with a copy of the original receipt
Many things to keep in mind while filing a vehicle insurance claim
- To find out if there have been any damages to the car, you should give it a thorough inspection. Moreover, you should examine anyone riding in the car with you or you for any injuries.
- You must file your claim within the time frame specified by your insurance company. Occasionally, it is 24 hours after the damage is
- Make a note of the make, model, licence plate, and colour of the car that was involved in the collision.
- Maintain track of each witness’s contact information. Identification of the accident’s cause will be required
- Make a quick call to the insurer after evaluating the vehicle’s damage.
- Drive your car to the closest network garage, where you can pay your payments there.
Own car damage insurance has a higher cost than a standard car insurer, and this premium depends on the vehicle’s IDV. While renewing your car insurance, you should pay extra attention because it’s critical to take the age of the vehicle into account. To avoid having to pay for expensive car repairs, it is also crucial to renew comprehensive insurance on time. *
Claiming car insurance online for own damage is an essential aspect of owning a car, as accidents and damages can happen unexpectedly.
To ensure a smooth claims process of how to claim car insurance, it is important to follow the necessary steps, such as notifying the insurance company as soon as possible, providing accurate information about the accident, and submitting all required documents. Additionally, understanding the terms and conditions of the policy, as well as the deductible and coverage limits, can help avoid any confusion or disputes during the claims process.
By being proactive, prepared and knowing what is covered in car insurance, car owners can minimise the financial burden of damages. *
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.